March 15, 2007

RIP Sinbad: Whenever you actually die.

I've had three people email me today and ask if I heard the news that the comedian, Sinbad, died of a heart attack yesterday. I went over to Find-A-Grave, but there was no info. I did a Google News search, but found nothing. I also came up empty handed looking through entertainment sites like E!Online. The whole thing was an internet hoax. I was curious how an internet rumor could be spread so quickly, so I did a little research. Apparently, some Bozo posted on Wikipedia that Sinbad had died, and that was all it took.

A word of advice: Wikipedia will let any moron post information on their website as "fact," so never use it as a source of information. Sure, it has some factual stuff on there, but you never know what you are going to get. Wikipedia did remove the incorrect information about Sinbad being dead and have locked his profile from being edited by new users.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: More Cowbell, United States