March 16, 2007

My First Major Consumer Product

I have designed metalworking tools and other various products for years. If you drive an American automobile there is a good chance that a tool I designed was used to help make your vehicle. It's satisfying work, but I always wished I could design a product that regular people used. I've done minor work on a few kitchen products but never really anything that I considered MY design. Well, a new product is going into stores now that is MY design.

Pictured is a new V-slicer that I did a majority of the design work on. The idea was to design a slicer that worked like a mandolin but without the hassle and expense, and this is what I came up with. I can't wait to stop in a Bed Bath & Beyond or Sur La Table and see it hanging on a rack. I'll probably even be a real dork and record QVC the first time it's sold on there.

1 Comments:

At 3/20/2007 8:45 AM, Blogger K. Buchanan Shay said...

Congrats & Very nice... but why can't you be an evil genius & join Wal-Mart in their world domination?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: More Cowbell, United States