September 30, 2006

Giada De La La

I am very proud of my latest eBay acquisition: a hand signed copy of Giada's Family Dinners by The Food Network's Giada DeLaurentiis. A signed copy of this book typically sells for $80 on eBay, but I was able to get my copy for $28 and some change. I have verification that the signature is authentic, and I could easily triple my money by reselling the book on eBay, but I'm keeping it for myself.

I didn't buy the book to try out Giada's recipes; although, her food always looks amazingly appetizing on her Food Network show, Every Day Italian. I have a small collection of celebrity autographs, and I consider Giada to be a celebrity of sorts. She is a very attractive, lively, little Italian woman that knows how to cook. She also hosts a Food Network program, Behind the Bash, in which she goes behind the scenes of the food preparation for events such as the Oscars, the Grammys, and similar events. She can be seen wearing formal gowns in some of those shows, and she looks amazing.

Two of the pictures in Giada's Family Dinners shows her grating chocolate with a kitchen tool that the company I work for manufactures. I didn't design this particular grater, but I helped with the manufacturing process that turned the design into reality.

After thumbing through the book, I will probably attempt some of the recipes. Most of them look fairly simple, and you can't go wrong with Italian food as far as I'm concerned. The recipes also typically use basic ingredients that you can find in any grocery store. If you like more "upscale" recipes, she has some of those as well.



If you'd like to see Giada on The Food Network, check out their website at :
The Food Network

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: More Cowbell, United States