September 08, 2006

Austrian Who Held Girl Captive is Buried

This is a pretty interesting story that I ran across. It's about some dude in Austria that kidnapped a girl 8 1/2 years and held her captive until she recently escaped. The jackass did the right thing and jumped in front of a train a couple of hours after she escaped.

From telegraph.co.uk

Kidnap victim Natascha Kampusch has said all she could think of during her eight-year ordeal was how to escape and despaired when she learned that people believed she was dead.

Natascha Kampusch was abducted on her way to school
For the first time since she escaped her captor two weeks ago, Natascha, now 18, talked about the years she spent in a cell beneath the garage of Wolfgang Priklopil's house in a commuter town outside Vienna.

"I asked myself again and again 'why among all the million people did this happen to me?'," Natascha told News magazine.

Priklopil had locked Natascha in the windowless cell in his house in Strasshoff, some 15 miles outside the capital, after abducting her on her way to school in 1998.

"I felt like a chicken in a hen battery," she said.

"I promised myself that I would never lose the thought of escape."

"I always thought that I wasn't born to be locked up and to have my life ruined completely," she said. "I despaired about this injustice."

The details of one of Austria's most notorious crimes have kept the nation spellbound since Natascha escaped from her abductor while he took a phone call outside his house.
Priklopil, 44, killed himself within hours of her escape by jumping in front of a commuter train.

Only two mourners, including his mother, attended the burial of Wolfgang Priklopil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: More Cowbell, United States